Advice for Men Buying Lingerie
Buying lingerie for your partner can be a daunting task, but when done properly can be one of the best gifts a woman can receive! We have been asked many times for help and advice by confused men looking to buy lingerie for their partners and so we have compiled a guide for you to help make the experience a whole lot easier!
It is important when buying lingerie for your partner to do some groundwork first to make sure that you choose something that both you and she will enjoy.
The most important factor when choosing lingerie is getting the size right. Here are a couple of things you can do to make sure you get the right size to avoid any offence or confusion.
- Ask her best friends. Girls tend to know their friends vital statistics, not least because of all the shopping we do together!
- Sneak a peek in her lingerie draw and check the sizing on her favourite bra and pants (it is also useful to note what colours and styles she has too!)
- Ask her! If you want to keep the gift a secret, Lucile also offer gift vouchers and fitting experiences that will allow your partner to buy whatever something that she loves as well as be professionally fitted.
- As a general rule, we would advise purchasing something that your partner would appreciate to make her feel amazing and to ensure maximum enjoyment out of the lingerie. Before you purchase your lingerie, think about what styles of lingerie and clothing your partner wears as well as her favourite colours. Taking her personal style into consideration should narrow down your choices and ensure you get something she really loves! Check out our style guide for further information on different styles available.
- Look at the brands that are in her lingerie draw, names that occur frequently will fit her well and she will like their style, so are usually a safe bet.
If you are still unsure about sizing and styles, why not e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can guide you through some of your choices.